Adrienne L. Isacoff is Of Counsel in the Firm’s Rochelle Park office serving as a lead attorney in the construction and public contracting group. She focuses on public, commercial and hi-end residential contracts, as well as on her active dispute resolution practice.
Adrienne has decades of experience as a government procurement and construction lawyer for public, commercial and residential projects, representing developers, owners, contractors and vendors. She provides counsel and litigation services including contract drafting and negotiating; lien and bond claims; and claims involving differing site conditions, delay, consumer fraud, cooperative purchasing, public bid disputes, and breach of contract.
Adrienne serves as an arbitrator for the American Arbitration Association on construction and related disputes, including single-member small matters and three-member panel complex matters. She also provides mediation services for the AAA, as well as for the U. S. District Court for the District of New Jersey, the Superior Court of New Jersey and by private engagement. She was selected to serve on the AAA Master Mediator Panel for large construction disputes.
She began her career in construction law by serving as Deputy Attorney General for the New Jersey Department of Transportation. She went on to serve as Senior Counsel in the construction practice group for a national law firm, and later served as partner at a New Jersey based construction and real estate law firm.
Adrienne serves as Co-Chair of the NJSBA Construction Law Section and is a member of the NJSBA Dispute Resolution Section, the Garibaldi Inn of Court for ADR, the Bergen County Bar Association and Collaborative Women in Construction. She served for eight years as a member of the Planning Board in the Borough of Closter.
Adrienne has authored many articles and is frequently asked to present CLE seminars on construction law and alternate dispute resolution.
- A Primer on Construction Drawings and Related Contract & Litigation Issues, November 2016,
Bergen County Bar Association
- Arbitration Issues in Construction Projects, June 2016, NJSBA
- Understanding New Jersey Public Contracts and Procurement Regulations, December 2015, Lorman Education Services
- OSHA Overview on Construction Projects, September 2015, NJSBA
- Negotiating Construction Contracts from the Owner’s Perspective, September 2015, NJSBA
- Securing Payment for the Contractor, Subcontractor and Supplier, June 2015, NJSBA
- Remedies and Defenses on Home Improvement Projects Under the Consumer Fraud Act,
May 2014, NJSBA
- Construction Lien Law on Residential Projects, September 2010, Lorman Education Services
- Public Bidding and Procurement Issues, February 2009, Lorman Education Services
- “How to Keep Construction Arbitration Economical and Efficient,” www.lorman.com/resources, January 2015
- “Amendments to Construction Lien Law,” www.lexology.com, January 2011
- “Recent Developments in New Jersey Lien Law and Bond Law,” www.lexology.com, August 2010
- “New Jersey Supreme Court Issues Landmark Bidding Decision: Non-Bidder Held to Have Standing to Challenge Bid Specifications,” www.lexology.com, March 2009.