The labor and employment group has extensive experience representing management in all facets of employment and labor law. These areas include employment litigation, counseling with management and traditional labor relations.
The firm represents clients before state and federal trial and appellate courts as well as administrative agencies in lawsuits pertaining to various employment matters. We also advise clients on cost-effective alternatives to litigation such as arbitration and mediation. The firm regularly represents clients in the following types of employment litigation matters:
- Wrongful termination claims
- Breach of contract and employment tort claims
- Employment discrimination and harassment claims
- Whistleblower claims under Sarbanes-Oxley and state law such as the New Jersey Conscientious Employee Protection Act
- Common-law and contractual claims relating to non-competition, non-solicitation and confidentiality
- Alleged violations of various employee leave laws, including those asserted under state and federal family and medical leave statutes
- Alleged violations relating to failure to accommodate physically challenged employees
- Claims asserted before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and/or equivalent state agency governing fair employment, and other federal, state, and local civil rights agencies.
- Claims asserted under the Worker Adjustment & Retraining Notification Act
Our attorneys also routinely provide counsel and assistance to clients on general employment-related issues including employee training, employment agreement drafting, workforce reductions, corporate reorganizations, employee discipline, enforcement of employment contracts (including non-competition agreements), preparing and auditing employee handbooks, wage-hour obligations and occupational safety and health issues.
The firm’s attorneys have substantial experience with labor unions on behalf of management including union avoidance campaigns, union election representation and litigation, negotiation of collective bargaining agreements, arbitration of disputes arising under collective bargaining agreements and responding to unfair labor practice charges under the National Labor Relations Act and related statutes.